Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Morning and Evening

I was reading some of the blogs I regularly visit and was rewarded today with a new resource. Spurgeon's Morning and Evening is available at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library! I have been aware of the site, but have not explored it much. What a blessing to have access to this book. It is one I have thought would be good to own, but have never carried the thought through to action.

My husband, daughter and I took a hike at one of my most favorite places on earth. A place we happen to live near. Shoshone Falls has a beautiful park built around it and is a great escape. The water-level sign at the entrance to the park says it is high right now, but I have photographs that would challenge that assessment. It is, never the less, a majestic manifestation of God's power in His creation.

One thing we did was take a number of pictures. The first picture is the current level, and is the close up view and one most people, who do not brave or know about the trail we hiked; the second is from around Easter a few years ago. Following that are various moments in nature we caught on film and one of my daughter and I taking in the view before we turned back. Enjoy.














2 comments:

emmaus said...

Very nice! I didn't know you hike. I hike too. From the door to the car... from the car to the door. Then I need to rest up before the trek to the refrigerator. Great pics. I like the one of you and Kate best.

Becky, a slave of Christ said...

:) That was a lot of work and I surprised myself. Two out of three (guess who didn't) had to stop and rest from time to time, but we kept on going and I am so glad we did. I have never seen the falls from that perspective before. The next post I do will be of a home movie I took from the lower lookout, but I have to read up on Blogger how to do that. It isn't like uploading picts or posting something from YouTube. I have done it before, but I forget; I am old, you know.