Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Monday, September 29, 2008

Big Black Dogs

My husband was camping last weekend and left me to take care of the cat. At 6:00 am on Saturday I went to the front door to let her in (I knew she was sitting by the front door...she always is). I opened the door and there she was, as expected. She poured in the front door like water rushing through a bursting dam.

I closed the screen door and paused to notice what a peaceful morning it was (still dark, very quiet). At that point I saw that the paper was already here. I was about to step out to pick it up when something up the street caught my eye. I glanced to the left to see what it might be. It was a person (male, female...who knows which) with two very large black dogs running in my direction. The dogs crossed the street and came right up to my porch! (It happened very quickly.) I had halted my action of opening the screen door as soon as I saw them and shut it up again just as they came up to my door. I said something like, "Get off of my porch." (Not loud, not threatening, just firm.) They started barking at me! I said, "Whoa!" and closed the inside door. It was a surreal way to start the day.

No comments: