Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Monday, September 8, 2008

Rephaim












This morning I was reading in Deuteronomy and, for whatever reason, this time when I got to 3:11 Og caught my attention.

"(For only Og king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaim. Behold, his bedstead was an iron bedstead; it is in Rabbah of the sons of Ammon. Its length was nine cubits and its width four cubits by ordinary cubit.)"

I did the math. A cubit is believed to be equivalent to about 18"; these makes this bed, which some believe to be his coffin or sarcophagus (either way, it is still the size that impresses me), which makes this resting place around 13 1/2 feet by 9 feet! He-llo! Now that is a KING-size parenthetical statement! God is definitely into details.

1 comment:

emmaus said...

Whoa! Very tall! There are a few giants left but not many. (daron)