Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sweet talk

Being thankful in November with Rebecca (who is thankful for pea butter!) as often as I am able.

I am thankful for sweet conversations with my husband. Those times when the two of us are alone and talk about so many things. He is my best friend and a kindred spirit in Christ. I won't go on and on today, because we are going to take a walk as soon as I finish this. :)

I wanted to share three short things from this past week.

1st - in Sunday School last week, the teacher was taking prayer requests and in response to something that was said, a sweet lady in the class replied, "We don't know what tomorrow holds; we just know who holds tomorrow."

2nd - In the sermon this morning, the speaker gave an extensive quote of Augustine. From it, I came away with this nugget: "Our hearts are restless until we find our rest in You." Beautiful.

3rd - My husband said, "Does hyperbole include under exaggeration as well as exaggeration?" I said, "No, that would be understating...or lowperbole."

No comments: