Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful

Rebecca has a thankful series that she does in November and it is a great idea. Each day she mentions something she is thankful for in her blog and I have decided to participate as well. It may or may not be a daily thing.

I am thankful for my LORD. This thankfulness will continue for all eternity, because that is how long I will be around to be thankful, thanks to the immeasurable sacrifice that Jesus made. Before the universe was even created, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit determined that my sins had to be dealt with and Jesus determined to do just that. When all was ready, He left heaven and came to earth in the most vulnerable and dangerous form imaginable...a baby. (Today this is a most vulnerable and dangerous situation indeed...I am not thankful for this horrible truth.) Left heaven! Left behind that wondrous place, where angels worshiped Him as He should be worshiped, and came to earth to contend with temptation, to contend with the machinations of men, to contend with the devil, to contend with death, but in all of these He prevailed.


I am a sinner who deserves death, but because of Jesus I have no fear of what will happen to me when this body ceases to breath; I am confident of my future. I will live forever and not only that...I will live forever in the presence of Jesus Christ!


Thank You, Father, for this unfathomable gift.


No comments: