Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some changes of my own

I have been updating my right-hand column of late and I want to direct your attention to the changes. First, the reason I launched this blog in the first place has been moved to a post dated April 29, 2008, as that is the first day I launched this blog. Above the that link and below kurios/duolos, I have also linked directly to John MacArthur's message, Slaves for Christ, the reason I chose my user name: Becky, a slave of Christ.

Another feature new to this page is Please pray for Ashley as she works hard to recover. I have been asking for prayer for her for some time (click on Ashley label at the bottom of this post for the full story) and though she is out of danger, she has a long road ahead of her. When the Lord brings her to mind, please ask that He give her the measure of grace she needs to trust Him to see her through whatever lies ahead. It would be kind of you to pray for her family as well. And while you are there, praise our sovereign, holy God for His abundant mercies, His amazing grace and His immeasurable love for His people.

The final thing that I have added, and you shouldn't miss this, is the link to R.C. Sproul's blog post titled "What Does 'coram Deo' Mean?" I didn't find this on my own. I followed a little breadcrumb trail from Kim to Rebecca (two dear Canadian ladies who teach me a great deal). Kim's link takes you right to her crouton, but to find Rebecca's, you will need to take your fork and move aside the lettuce and tomatoes and carrots and palm hearts to find the crunchy link. You don't have to find the links on their sites to get to R.C., but I believe you will find some nourishment in the delectable tidbits they serve up.

Caution: if you go to R.C.'s blog, you better strap on your spiritual seat belt, because his words are going to send your spirit and your conscience on a bit of a bumpy ride...but the destination is well worth the shake up.

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Great blog!
Thank you for sharing! : )

Becky, slave of Christ said...

You are welcome, GG; thank you.