Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Friday, April 10, 2009

On Romans 6:23

An artist's portrayal of Jesus Christ receiving my wages...

Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn

The Three Crosses


















________________________________
Descent from the Cross






















________________________________
"For the wages of sin is death..."

I owe Jesus everything. Not just because He died on the cross to take away my sins, but because He is the Creator of all things, including me, and He is the Sovereign Ruler of all creation. His death was not the same as the death of the two men who hung on crosses on either side of Him. They were sinners and like me and were receiving the wages of their sin; receiving what was due to them. But God the Son, Jesus Christ, did not sin. In all of His 33 years on this earth--fully God, yes, but also fully man: as a little child, as a teen, as an adult--Jesus did not sin, ever. He was innocent, but His purpose for emptying Himself and coming to live on this fallen, sin filled earth was to die on that cross to pay my wages.

To be continued...

No comments: