Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Bard, a believer

















I get daily emails from William J Federer's American Minute and today's was about William Shakespeare and included these little tidbits. Out of the corner of my eye, I initially misread the first line and thought that Federer was calling him Will Shakespeare.

In his will, Shakespeare wrote:
"I commend my soul into the hands of God, my Creator, hoping and assuredly believing, through the only merits of Jesus Christ, my Saviour, to be made partakers of life everlasting."

Carved on his tomb in Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-on-Avon, England is:
"Good Friend For Jesus Sake Forbeare, To Digg The Dust Enclosed Heare. Blese Be Ye Man Spares Thes Stones, And Curst Be He Moves My Bones."

No comments: