Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

School is starting

Some of my friends who teach their children at home have already started the year, and others are either preparing to do so, or to send their children off to school. It is a strange thing to see this activity, but not be involved in it myself. With both of my children grown and attending college in other towns/states, I am in a different phase of my life. Today I will be spending a lot of time at the computer as I work on adapting and refining the Generations of Grace curriculum for church, type up my husband's study he has prepared for his men's Bible study which resumes in September, and finish writing an article I am working on for our church newsletter. The article is what has prompted this post. My subject is government and as I was looking into my old school files to check my facts on something I ran across this computer-generated drawing I did years ago on a much older computer. I made it to illustrate forms of government for my daughter when we were studying the Constitution. If you click on it, it will open a new window and you can get a closer look.

3 comments:

Jenn Marshall said...

"...all of the people must help rule."

I thought it was only a fairy tale? It did exist? ;)

Becky, slave of Christ said...

By definition, it can only happen with a small group of people. There have maybe been some townships, or organizations that have managed it. Certainly no nation can. I believe a Republic with three branches of government is the best form because of checks and balances (to counter man's sinful nature), though clearly that only works if the branches stick to the plan.

Matt said...

I like the diagram...simple, accurate, and with very cool faces!