Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And so it begins...

This evening our home will be invaded by men and I will be retreating to the bedroom. My husband leads a men's Bible study on Tuesday evenings during the school year. He is writing the study himself and I am blessed to be his secretary, preparing it to "publish." This particular study is on Psalm 19 and it was such a joy to type up. I got to read the material as I worked and he did such a nice job. One of the perks of doing secretarial duties for men of God is that I get to improve my typing skills and be edified at the same time.

Tomorrow evening Awana begins. I am a co-leader for T & T girls again and this year specifically for 5th and 6th graders. The down side to this is that I won't be able to hang out with the 3rd and 4th graders and I love those girls too! One of the girls in 3rd grade this year came up to me a few weeks ago very excited and told me that she would be in T&T and that I would be her leader. She did the same thing when she found out I was going to be her counselor for VBS. I will be missing not being able to listen to verses for her, as well as the other girls in that group, but I am pleased that the ladies who will be leading them are really sweet. The bright side: we all get to be together during counsel time and games. What a blesssing to work with eager girls who work hard to hide God's Word in their hearts.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Have you ever watched Babylon 5? I can't help but think of it when I saw your title... I don't remember which season, but it was the opening line of the credits montage...

On a related-to-your-post-note, it sounds as though you have a good year ahead of you.

Becky, slave of Christ said...

I have watched a few episodes. Enough to recognize faces, but not enough to know names.

The first night for Bern's study went well and I got a paper edited and settled some things in my mind about an article I just wrote and read a couple of chapters in one book and several in another. Love a night like this and I get to do it again next Tuesday!