Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful in November - 10

Faithful Rebecca, this Thanksgiving eve I am thankful for this amazing creation that God has given to us for a dwelling place. I am thankful for its order and beauty, which reflect God's character. I am thankful that even though I do not understand all of the minute details that make it work the way it does, I can still appreciate and be awed by it.

One of the ways the beauty of mathematics is displayed is in the fractal. The illustrations I have used in most of these ten Thankful in November posts are generated mathematically (many from here). Over the years, as my son has exposed me to various aspects of the vast field of mathematics I have gained a deeper appreciation of its complexity and its Creator.

No comments: