Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankful in November - 6

I am grateful that God, via Rebecca and some other friends who are filling the days of November with accounts of thankfulness are keeping my mind focused in that direction as well.

I am also grateful that God has given us the ability to adapt to circumstances and has given me the ability to come up with new recipes. I am slowly figuring out what to eat on this new no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no kidding diet. I also have to leave out soy, since my mother can't eat it and she lives with us, which adds to the challenge.

This has not been an easy week for me. I was very low for several days, and it may seem silly to get depressed over food, but it has taken me over three years to get to a point that I felt I was coming close to getting what nutrition I needed without having gluten in my diet. The idea of taking away dairy and eggs really set me back. Cheese, crackers and raw veggies were my default lunch when I couldn't think of anything else. I have hypoglycemia, and that would maintain my sugar level for hours. It takes time and research to develop a new food repertoire, so for now I am making plenty of whatever I do for dinner so I can have that for lunch as well.

I am finding that the more information I gather, the brighter my outlook becomes. God is faithful, He sustains me and He will see me through this.

2 comments:

非凡 said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Thanks for your kind words, ~非凡~. I appreciate that you stopped by. :)