Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thankful in November

















Because it is the Thankful Month...
Because Rebecca does it and encourages the rest of us to join her...
Because the Lord says so, "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Because I am thankful.

I am thankful for an opportunity that is coming up at the end of this week. On Friday, my husband and I are going to travel to another part of the state to see our son, by invitation. He is taking us to a performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

We will go early enough to meet some of his friends. We will meet one who owns a bookstore we will get to browse through. Maybe I will even find a book to buy!

We will then go to his regular Friday night haunt. The home of a couple who nearly every week puts out the welcome mat out and has plenty of pizza for whoever wants to come by (lots of college students take them up on the offer). They play games, watch movies, speak Nerd, or whatever comes to mind.

We will be spending the night at the home of his roommate's parents (a delightful couple with a delightful family). They have adopted our son and have him over a lot. And they have graciously offered us a place to stay. I anticipate a lot of laughter.

For having a well-planned Friday night, we have no plans for Saturday beyond just being together, which will be lovely, as we have not seen him since before school started. Also, both my husband and I have lived in the town and love to go back and visit. I am confident we will find wonderful ways to fill the day.

We will come home that evening, as we have duties in church on Sunday.

It is so good for a momma to know that her little boy (age 29) has such good friends, because even though he is 29, he is still my boy. Working on a doctorate is hard work and I am thankful that he has such a solid, godly network of support along the way.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a terrific reason to be thankful! I hope your trip exceeds your expectations...if that's possible!

Becky, slave of Christ said...

You are right, I do have great expectations, Dorothy, and they can as easily be met around the kitchen table playing board games as with a symphony. I so look forward to being with my son. Love my kids.

Thanks for stopping by. :)