Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Home Coming...Coming Home

Eight of the ten American Baptist missionaries who have been in a Haiti jail for 20 days were released today - without further conditions! I am so relieved for them and for their loved ones. Though this has been a difficult time for so many who have been close to the situation, I have seen and been told of that wonderful peace that surpasses understanding under girding them in the midst of the waiting and uncertainty (see Philippians 4:7).

I am concerned for Laura Silsby and Charisa Coulter who will remain imprisoned. Apparently there is something against them which made the judge decide he must keep them there. I have withheld passing any kind of judgement on them myself, because here in the U.S. we simply do not have the facts. Even if they are guilty of wrongdoing, I cannot rejoice over the prospect of them remaining in jail in that country and my heart goes out to their families. I will continue to pray for them.

I am praising God in what is happening with all ten of these people, trusting that even for the two who are still in Haiti, He is working His will.

No comments: