Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thou preparest a table


My heart aches as I think about the current circumstances of the ten missionaries in Haiti and of Bowe Bergdahl. Early this morning, around 3:30am, I woke up and could not go back to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about them, so I prayed. It is pretty amazing that even if her hair is messy and she is wearing p.j.s, a girl can still seek an audience with the King of kings and Lord of lords and gain instantaneous admission at court.

He understands the pain I feel. He understands the pain and fear and confusion those who are captive feel. He loves us and He listens. And whatever happens here, heaven awaits His children.

I usually post God's Word in the New American Standard Version, but tonight I am posting in King James, because that is the version I first memorized this in, when I was an unsaved little girl. This psalm has been running through my head since yesterday.

The Twenty-third Psalm

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for though art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Though preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: