Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Evangel

My mind is all a buzz with the subject of evangelizing. The reason for this is that I am to be one of five who will be teaching a session each at an upcoming ladies' retreat and that is my topic. Years ago, I wrote a speech for a very small retreat with less than a dozen women and it was well received, but I gave it in a dining room of my dear aunt's home. Big difference between a dining room table and a conference room at a real live retreat center. The numbers of ladies who will attend this retreat may still seem small, we are up to around 40, but that is a good bit over three times as many ears as were at my aunt's table.

Another difference is that I have taken a hermeneutics course since then and I keep thinking of these words from Luke 12:48, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." The proper use of hermeneutics is serious business.

I take this task of opening God's Word to the ladies who will attend very seriously and I want to glorify God and be faithful to the truth as I do so. If the Lord brings this to mind, would you pray for me and pray for the other four ladies as well? It would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

Sanstrom Seven said...

I believe you will do an AMAZING job! With your heart for the Lord, love of His word and your love for our ladies, what else could you do? I am sad to miss it. I will keep you 5, (shall I dub you the FAB 5?) in my prayers. Love you, lady.

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Thank you, Dori. I am equally sad you will not be there. There is something just wrong in that; I love your company. I appreciate your prayers more than I can express.