Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Friday, March 12, 2010

Gone A-Nerding Again

I think html is intriguing, and though I have learned a (very) little about it, I am mostly clueless. For example, I would love to know how to set up a "contact me" link that would open up Outlook with my email address in it.

Also, I just added a "search the Bible" feature from the Blue Letter Bible. I would like to altar it so that when the "search" button was clicked on, the results would come up in a new window.

The current code for that tool is as follows:

method="get">

title="Use semicolons to separate groups -
Gen;Jdg;Psa-Mal;Rom 3-12; Mat 1:15;Mat 5:12-22"
value="Optional Verse Range"
onfocus="if(this.value=='Optional
Verse Range')this.value='';"
onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='Optional
Verse Range';" />

Okay. Well, that didn't work. Since blogger accepts html (which is a good thing), all I have managed to do is add yet another search engine, this time in this post. So, I will try a different angle. Go to this Blue Letter Bible page and scroll down to the last box with html code in it. That is what I have pasted here, sans several of the Bible versions.

If you are able to help out with either of these projects, I would really appreciate it.

P.S. Pre-setting the template in blogger to a specific color scheme and font style works alright until you cut and paste text from ANYWHERE, including say, from the top to the bottom of the post you are currently composing. Then, you will not get the lovely shade of gray you normally have, you will get some really dark black font and you won't be able to change it to the lovely shade of gray because it isn't an option in the color palette on the tool bar. This is a huge pain and the only way to get these last paragraphs right is to start over in a new form and retype this entire post. Not going to do it.

P.S. #2 Did you notice that Libronix has actually linked some of the Bible verses in the html? When gadgets collide.

2 comments:

Matt said...

ok to make a link to your email use this code fro the link MY EMAIL LINK

Give me time to try and sort out the second part of what you are trying to do.

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Matt, I got your message on facebook and I have entered the suggested html. It works, thanks. You are my nerd hero!