Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lights and a steady shadow

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow" (James 1:17).

This verse was read from the pulpit this morning and I always take note when I hear it. I find great comfort here and I love thinking about God being the Father of lights. It is hard to understand how you can read a sentence over and over again, and still see something new when you read it once again. Today my thoughts were drawn to the lights and the shadow. I have spent just a little time in the Blue Letter Bible, checking out the concordance information and I am realizing that though I understand the principle behind this verse, I need to study it out. I suspect there is hidden treasure there.

1 comment:

Jenn Marshall said...

I, for one, am curious about what you find. :)