Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Matters of the Heart

I wanted to give an update on what is going on with my health. I have continued to experience pressure to a lesser degree, as well as shortness of breath. I ended up going to my regular doctor yesterday. I tried to get into the doctor I was referred to by the emergency room doctor, but as I expected, getting it will not be a fast thing. I called my doctor's office at 8:30 in the morning and the receptionist asked if I could be there by 9:15. I love those guys.

My doctor has ordered a treadmill stress test to rule out the possibility of an underlying heart problem. This is to be done early Thursday afternoon. He also wants me to consider seeing a gastroenterologist to try to get a diagnosis on Celiac disease (gluten), but that would involve eating gluten for a month before they could run tests. I have been thinking I needed to be seen, as I continue to have difficult digestive issues, but the prospect of going back to eating gluten is pretty scary. I would appreciate you prayers. Pray that the stress test gives definitive results and pray for the gluten situation as well.

As I have mentioned before, I am supposed to be one of the speakers at our church's ladies' retreat this coming weekend. Everything is ready to go, please pray that I am able to attend. I really want to be there.

No comments: