Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The results are in...

Well. I learned something today...treadmills can be fun. Over the last few months, I have found myself having less and less endurance. It is difficult to exercise and I have needed to rest a lot as I do housework. This has really been a source of frustration and concern. When I had serious pressure in my chest late last week and then some shortness of breath, I was very concerned it was my heart. When my husband took me into the ER, the tests showed no signs of that, but both my ER doctor and my regular doctor wanted me to have a treadmill stress test to be sure that I do not have an underlying heart issue. I got off of the treadmill a while ago and though I am still having pressure and breathing issues, my heart came through with flying colors. I am grateful for that.

The doctor told me that for someone who had never been on a treadmill before, I did really well. I actually liked it, though I can tell if I started using one on a regular basis, I would have to build up endurance, rather than taking it up to that degree in one sitt, er...standing.

Regardless of what is causing this, I am now comfortable with attending the ladies' retreat this weekend and I am very excited about that. The theme of our retreat is Walk Worthy and one of our speakers, whose topic is prayer, asked all of the ladies to memorize Colossians 1:9-14. Even though memorizing is an intense process for me, I always love doing it. Memorizing the words causes me to think about them more thoroughly than just reading them. Plus, God's word is powerful and having it in my heart is always a blessing. I never know where it will be needed and God will bring it to mind at just the right moment.

Colossians 1:9-14 (from memory)
"For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord; to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened in power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. For He rescued us from the dominion of darkness and transformed us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sin."

Okay, when I finished I went back and checked how I did. All the words were right, but I had to adjust some punctuation. I didn't want it misquoted on here. Yay! When God calls us to do something, He enables us to do it! I love my Lord, is my Rock and my Peace.

No comments: