Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The apple of God's eye















"Later, Corrie would recall watching with her father as Jews were loaded into a truck by German soldiers, as the truck drove away her father said, 'I pity the poor Germans, Cory. They have touched the apple of God's eye.'"*

God loves His people Israel. And though it is true that He has allowed them to experience great persecution, He has also promised to restore them to His favor. Over the years since Christ's death, burial and resurrection, the world has unleashed the hounds of Hades to tear that nation to bits many, many times. But God has kept a remnant of them safe. Time after time, the survivors have picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and though they were grieving, they lived. Not long ago I was speaking to a woman who was saying that she expects any day to wake up and hear that Israel has been utterly destroyed, but I know that that will not happen. God will restore Israel. The process began with the Six-Day War on June 5, 1967 and it will continue according to God's plan, no matter what men may do to try to stop it from happening. And one day, the entire nation will realize that Jesus Christ was and is her Messiah. They will repent and return to the God who loves them.

"For thus says the LORD of hosts, 'After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye. For behold, I will wave My hand over them so that they will be plunder for their slaves. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me. Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,' declares the LORD. Many nations will join themselves to the LORD in that day and will become My people. Then I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you. The LORD will possess Judah as His portion in the holy land, and will again choose Jerusalem. Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for He is aroused from His holy habitation" (Zechariah 2:8-13).

"Then the word of the LORD of hosts came, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "I am exceedingly jealous for Zion, yes, with great wrath I am jealous for her."

'Thus says the LORD, "I will return to Zion and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD of hosts will be called the Holy Mountain."

'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Old men and old women will again sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each man with his staff in his hand because of age. And the streets of the city will be filled with boys and girls playing in its streets.

'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "If it is too difficult in the sight of the remnant of this people in those days, will it also be too difficult in My sight?" declares the LORD of hosts.

'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Behold, I am going to save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; and I will bring them back and they will live in the midst of Jerusalem; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God in truth and righteousness"'" (Zechariah 8:1-8).

.....................................................................
*Quote taken from hyperhistory.net

No comments: