Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November of Thanksgiving: 16

Sixteen: Today I am thankful to the Lord for whimsy and lightheartedness. I love it that the He has endowed us with imaginations and that with those our lives are sprinkled with delight and fancy.

Some people may not agree that we should indulge in the lighthearted side of life. They might think we should always be serious, but guess what? Even the Puritans enjoyed their world, their lives, and each other (don't believe all that nonsense you have heard to the contrary). God did not create a black and white world; He filled it with color, and I love Him for that.

I enjoy humor, poetry, silliness that prompts giggles, excellent movies and really good books. Laughter is essential, and I can't get enough of it.

I like Doctor Seuss and Shel Silverstein and Winnie the Pooh. I like playing with my family and friends...I love playing with my family and friends. Game playing is a favorite activity...even playing salt and pepper shaker checkers!

No doubt this is why I love to teach children, because nobody has the art of playing down like a child does.

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven- A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance" (Ephesians 3:1, 4).

2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

You sound like such a fun mother. I have to remind myself from time to time to "lighten up" so I need to read posts like this. Thanks!

Becky, slave of Christ said...

You are welcome, Lisa. I am a fun-loving mother with a childless home - I'm sad (and happy)to say. Both of my children are adults now and are off on their own adventures. My son will be home for Thanksgiving and both of them for Christmas, though, and boy are we going to play!

I have looked in on your blog from time to time, but haven't commented. We all tend to play the lurker, I am afraid. :)