Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

November of Thanksgiving: 18

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24).


Eighteen: I am thankful for my dear husband of nearly thirty years. The more we grow in the Lord, the closer we become. It is amazing how that works.  I was saved two years before he was and some friends of ours were saved two years before me (as far as I know, they were the only people on earth who were). I remember when they heard I was saved, they said they had been praying for both of us. When my husband repented, my friend said to expect him to catch up and then pass me by in the growth department. He was right and I love it that he was. My husband has a great love of the Word and I call him my walking concordance. He is a hard worker, a deep thinker, and my best friend.

I shared a poem by Ann Bradstreet in 2009 and I want to share another with you now. This one was written for her husband and it is beautiful.

To My Dear and Loving Husband,
by Ann Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persevere
That when we live no more, we may live ever.


A November of Thanksgiving is being celebrated by a number of bloggers as we share things for which we are grateful to the Lord. This fine tradition was begun by Rebecca at Rebecca Writes and you are invited to join us.

If you want to deck your blog with the lovely button, you can get it from Lisa over at Lisa notes...

No comments: