Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November of Thanksgiving: 29 & 30

Twenty-nine: I am thankful that life happens and God works it together for His glory. It was not my intention to miss the twenty-ninth day, but it happened, nonetheless. I was involved with a pretty big project that kept me at the computer for most of the day, but not writing. I am thankful that I got to be a part of that project as it was a sweet blessing.

Thirty: I am thankful for God's patience with me and His superintendence of my sanctification. I would love to be able to tell you what an amazing, accomplished, outstanding Christian I am, but the reality is that I am a sinner who has been saved through Jesus Christ's work on the cross and if not for the Lord's mercy and grace, I would be the same miserable wretch that I was 24 years ago...no, even worse by now. As it is, any goodness that can be found in me is only Christ. It is His hand on my life, His guidance, His direction, His holiness, Him working through me. He is the one who deserves praise. He is the one who deserves worship. He is the one who deserves all that is good, and acceptable, and perfect. He is all that is good, and acceptable, and perfect.

It means everything to me to belong to Him. He is my Light, my Strength, my Comfort. He gives me sure footing when I might otherwise despair. He corrects my thinking when I am confused. He provides for me in ways I could never imagine, in ways I didn't even know were needed. And most amazing of all, He forgives me. All this is possible because a little Baby came into the world a couple of thousand years ago. A Baby who was 100% man and 100% God. Impossible? Incomprehensible? Nope.

"And looking at them Jesus said to them, 'With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible' " (Matthew 19:26).

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29).

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

This month of giving thanks has been a great blessing to me. I hope it has been so for you as well. The end of the month does not signal the end of thankfulness, that is something that must be acknowledged daily - in everything give thanks - but it does signal the end of the daily posts. I suspect with all that is needful in life and in preparation for Christmas that I will not be blogging anywhere near as often in December, but I will stop in when I can. 

Thanks to Rebecca, of Rebecca Writes, for coming up with such a delightful plan and to Lisa for giving it a face.

No comments: