Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Given


I wanted to post "Be Thou my Vision" in its entirety today, but it would be redundant. I did that last year for Saint Patrick's Day. I can't help it; I love the song. It stirs that part of my blood that is Irish. It stirs that part of my soul (all of it) that is a slave of Christ. As I work through the book Changed into His Image with the ladies' Bible study I attend, my desire increases to cling even tighter to this God, this one true God, this God and very God, this mighty, just, holy, holy, holy, infinite Creator, Who long before the world existed looked into this world and determined to give me life and then eternal life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. That is unfathomable, humbling, and amazing grace. And in case you are wondering, the blessing of being saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone has nothing to do with anything I have done. It has everything to do with the intimate, loving relationship between the Father and the Son and the giving of gifts: 

John 17:2
John 17:6-10
John 17:12
John 17:14
John 17:22
John 17:24

"O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them" (John 17:25-26).

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art -
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

No comments: