Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Away in a Manger

Dr. Ibex has a wonderful series on all things birth of the Baby Jesus. He is dispelling myths and taking no prisoners.  http://dribex.tumblr.com/

Today’s in particular is called The Mythology of the Mean Innkeeper.

http://dribex.tumblr.com/post/14163767418/mythology-of-the-mean-innkeeper

I very much appreciate his diligent pursuit of the truth of God’s Word, and I really like this last paragraph:

“I am not trying to be α cynical ‘Grinch,’ and yes, our own Nativity set does contain the Magi! I am just asking us all to base our beliefs on the actual text of Scripture and not on centuries of religious paintings and a translation that could be improved!”

I agree with him. This series continues to be helpful, but in spite of this I couldn’t help enjoying the video below. Made me laugh. I think he would enjoy the humor of it as well. :)

 

 

Have a blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of the King of kings and Lord of lords!

No comments: