Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful on the eighteenth of November

DSCF4079

I am thankful for yummy gluten- and dairy-free food! Today our church had our Thanksgiving celebration and part of that included a dinner. There were two of us cooking g- and d-free today and between us we pulled together a rather wonderful meal.

I really enjoyed the pumpkin pie. It was the best I have had since going gluten free six years ago (and when I say the best, I mean as opposed to some really rubbery, nasty, poor-excuse-for-food-let-alone-pie dishes I have tried in the past). My friend, Sarah, said she just adapted her grandmother’s recipe. Well, she just did an amazing job of it. It was delicious, and she has graciously agreed to share her recipe, so I can make it for Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for the Lord’s provision of such a great variety of foods in this world. I am thankful for Sarah and her amazing talent for cooking gluten- and dairy-free. And my thankfulness for her abilities is not merely for selfish reasons (though there is that) but for the sake of her family members who are blessed by her kitchen wisdom every day.

“Give thanks to the God of heaven, for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (136:26).

“She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens” (Proverbs 31:15).

No comments: