Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful on the fifteenth of November

Roses
I am thankful that God is always on His throne and always watching over me. Sometimes the happenings of life can seem overwhelming. Sometimes pain is relentless. Sometimes I get tired of the effects of sin on this world and its inhabitants. Tired of the sin of others. Tired of my own sin. But no matter what is happening between the skin of the earth and the heat of the sun, I know that God is always on His throne and always watching over me. I know that His love never fails. I know that He will take me through it all, and He will be waiting for me on the other side. He is my rest. He is my rock. He is everything, and He has already won the battle.
 
“For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the LORD, And He watches all his paths” (Proverbs 5:21).
 
The interesting thing about this verse is the context it is nestled in. The subject is the importance of fidelity in marriage, and the point is being made that if a man fails to be so, his failure will not go unnoticed. The Lord sees it all. This is true no matter what life’s circumstances may be, the Lord is eternally omniscient—always on His throne, always watching over me.

No comments: