Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful on the fourteenth of November

1 Cutie

I am thankful I am able to teach. I have been doing so for many years (see this post about that), and I currently have two opportunities in a week’s time to teach preschoolers. I love it. They absorb far more than most people would expect, and they are always adorable, delightful, and entertaining. So far this year, none of them have revealed any dark family secrets which their families can be thankful for.

“Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.” (Psalm 127:3–5).

The other blessing that comes from a church full of well-stocked quivers is job security for me.

No comments: