Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful on Thanksgiving

No place like home

I am thankful for Skype. My daughter will not get to come home until Christmas, but on Wednesday evening she was able to get her computer set up with Skype, and she, her dad, her brother, her grandmother, and I had a really sweet visit.

I love the closeness of this. It is going to make the miles between us so much easier to take. We also got to see that adorable grandkitten. So even if Dorothy was right and there is “no place like home,” Skype works much better than that old witch’s crystal ball. That magical sphere was just a make-believe television; Skype is interactive!

Rivers and Roads till we hug, sweet one, but just a Skype away to see you.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle" (Psalm 103:1–5).

No comments: