Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful on the twelfth of November

Dad

I am thankful for the Lord’s provision of brave men and women who have served this nation. So many have fought or are fighting for our freedoms. So many have given life and limb for us. I honor our military. I am thankful for the long history of this country and the great work that has been done within and without its borders.

I drew this caricature from a black and white photo. It is of my dear father and his buddy when they were in the army. Dad passed away several years ago. I am missing him this evening.

"Be strong, and let us show ourselves courageous for the sake of our people and for the cities of our God; and may the LORD do what is good in His sight" (2 Samuel 10:12).

No comments: