Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks.)

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful on the twenty-sixth of November

Christmas 2007 003

I am thankful for my brother and sister. There are too many miles between us these days. It is hard when close family members decide to move away. Very hard.

But sometimes (like tonight on Facebook), our day somehow brings us to a place where we get to interact. All three of us at once. Tonight it was playful banter that reminded me of when we were young. You know, back when we laughed, teased, yelled at, and smacked one another? Yeah. Those were great days. Sibling rivalry aside, I really miss them being close enough to hug. (The dog’s name was Prince. He wasn’t one, but we loved him anyway.) The only one missing tonight was mom, but she wasn’t online at the time. :)

We started out as a family with four children, but our oldest sister passed away suddenly eighteen years ago. We all miss her very much. She was a sweet lady with a ready smile and a contagious laugh.

Christmas 2007 006

I am grateful for the abundant blessings my Lord has graced me with.

“But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him with favor as with a shield” (Psalm 5:11–12).

My prayers for my family are never as eloquent as Paul’s were for the believers of his day, but it is also my desire that the Lord would increase the faith of those that I love, drawing them into a deeper understanding of the love of Christ.

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen (Ephesians 3:14–21).

No comments: